The Bonfanti Design Hotel has a long history. Our luxury hotel sits where an ancient inn called Wirt am Keller used to be as far back as 1560. Over the centuries, the business went from hand to hand until the end of the 18th century, when the then owner of the inn renamed it “Rastbichler”. The adjacent chapel was built in 1802.
In the mid-1970s, the Tauber family had a new 80-bed hotel built next to the inn, complete with a large dining hall and a swimming pool. Over the years, they continued improving the hotel right up to 2018, when the Bonfanti family took over. Under new management, the hotel underwent extensive renovation works directed by architect Paul Seeber. Seeber’s project involved the transformation of Hotel Rastbichler into a contemporary designer hotel.